Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Criminal Murder Reflection

We are approaching the end of CAP Hollywood soon, and our films and posters are in good shape. Last week, I was absent for a majority of our class, so I wasn’t able to to contribute much to our film, but this week I was present and able to work. This week I looked for music for our film, Criminal Murder. It’s always a bit challenging to find music for a film, especially in a dystopian film where the director has no idea what type of music they want featured in the film, but I digress. So I’ve been playing it by ear. Like most times I’ve gone on the Free Music Archives, I found looks of low quality songs, that could never possibly fit with my film, mostly because of it sounds like white noise. However, I did come across a few good artist in the Free Music Archives, and the most memorable is Dexter Britain. Dexter, who lives in Britain, is a self-taught composer and pianist, kind of like an English Tim Minchin, minus all the profanity. He's ridicously talented and you can learn all about him here. Anyway, Dexter Britain has a few good songs that I think could be used in our film, like Going Under and From Truth.
  After finding a few quality pieces for the score, by Dexter Britain and others, I looked for sound effects, and full disclosure, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Most of the sound effects for "riots" and "screaming" on FreeSound are not intimidating in the slighest, instead they are quite laughable. But there are some sound effects we can work with, mind none of them are every believable, so my search continues. All in all, I think that our film is progressing well and that Stephanie's poster is astounding!
 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment