Sunday, January 27, 2013

Video:Pedestrian Problems

Well, it has been a crazy few weeks. Finals, snow, and changing schedules. I've been exhausted what about you?
Anyway, in our latest video challegne we were suppposed to highlight what its like to live in Silver Spring. At first, I was going to do a day in the life sort of montage, before I realized I had done that on the last video challegne. So, instead I tried to focus on a specific aspect of living in Silver Spring and for some reason the idea that wouldn't leave my mind was documenting the messed up sidewalks that I fell on constantly earlier this month.
 My family and I have all been hurt by the bad sidewalks and lack of sidewalks around specific parts of this area. Once, I was close to falling into the sewer and my Mom broke her foot picking me up from school years ago. So, basically I just wanted to highlight the sidewalks flaws in hopes that our guests wouldn't fall on Colesville Rd, like I have mulitple times.
This video was made on my phone, which is why it didn't come out exactly how I wanted first it had such a limited frame and secondly, the video quality was just awful but I was able to imporve it a wee bit while editing. That was nice. Anyway, I think in the time to come, I want to redo this video on a real camera so I can be proud of it. I mean, the sidewalks aren't going anywhere and I thought the sidewalks I filmed were pretty pathetic, but honestly I have over seventy videos on my phone related to this and none of them were stunning quality. That was frustrating and maybe if I understood technology this would look a bit better, but nevertheless I tried to be unique here and talk about the woes of walking home in my hometown. However, maybe I've failed much more miserably than I imagined, and I guess my auidence must be the judge of that.
Also, I apologize in advance because you have to see my face on camera. I suppose we can get through the ugly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment