Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm Worried

     I'm very worried about our future generations. I'm watching my brothers while house bound and my brothers are roughhousing. When I looked over to make sure no one was hurt and witnessed my brother pretending to stab himself. That's not something I ever wanted to see. I hate violence. Hate it and I have to look over and see my brothers fake killing each others and themselves? In what world is this okay? Should a pre schooler know that people can kill themselves? Should a first grader pretend to kill is brother with a gun? Now I'm aware that this happens all the time, everywhere. There's no denying that, but is it really right?
I mean, isn't love more common than murder? How come its so easy to turn on prime time television and see graphic death, but anything with innuendo is given the ten o'clock slot? I don't understand, I would much rather my siblings and future children ask me about sex than death. What has to be taboo about intimacy and what makes genocide okay? Why do girls have cooties and you shot your friends on the playground?
I don't like this whole killing game an I just wish it would end. I wish kid's didn't have to see death when they turned on a television but I don't control that.
This is really just something to think about but how many us kill people? Why is this relatable? Why do we watch it? Why do we let out children watch it? Doesn't it make more sense to make them tolerant young beings?
I just really never want to see a five year old pretend to kill his brother again.

No comments:

Post a Comment